Friday, May 25, 2012

More Lessons Learned in Developing a Game

So a few playtests later, I've learned something about designing a game.  Playtesters have a tough job.  At this point, many pieces that help you play the game are not built yet, like lists of parts and cost of upgrades, making a players options pretty muddy right now.  I know the game inside and out, but the poor players who are asked to try it out do not.  So far we've been playing without a full missions deck, so the games have been very combat oriented.  It's probably because the trade mechanic is stripped down and can get boring pretty quickly since there is no opposition to your success.  I'm working on that now that I have all of the ships in the module.  Here are a few of the ones I particularly like.




No comments:

Post a Comment