Friday, August 03, 2012

Constance and Gallant, finished... Finally

So moving in the middle of a paint job on a model can hit you pretty low.  Didn't know if I'd ever finish them, but here they are.  Constance and Gallant.  And while I was at it, I painted up the new Storm Tower that Jer got me for my birthday.  Thanks Bro!
Constance Blaize:
I wanted the look on Constance to be something like the Cameos and china that have the blue with raised ivory type details.  Effeminate, but strong, so I did several washes before highlighting all of the raised parts with an off-white I got to replace my old white that was getting too thick.

Gallant:




Wanted the blue wash to tie him in with the rest of my army.  Too many layers of paint later... Painted this guy 3 times, and should have stripped him before finally deciding on a colour scheme, but stil reasonably happy with how he came out.

And Finally, my new Storm Tower to summon the lightning!!!

Went for urban bases and a slightly different colour scheme from my other tower, to tell them apart.  The white gators were reminiscent of the American Revolution and unseen, but I envisioned how this tower would be carried, and then planted into the ground, so the base of it has been set into something of a glowing crater, like it's anchored to the ground.



1 comment: