Wednesday, July 24, 2013

How to Build a Reversible Warmachine Wargame Table

This is my second reversible table build and I think this one is turning out to be far superior than my first.

Goal: Build a Warmachine table that has two unique playing surfaces, can be placed on my dining room table and allows for the use of modular terrain on either side.

Building the Table

Materials:
1 4'x4' sheet of plywood
3 8'x2''x4'' pieces of cedar
Wood Glue
Varathane

We started with an 8 foot sheet of plywood and cut it down to 4 feet. If I were to do this again, I would cut it at 4' 3 1/4'' so that when I put the sides on, the playing surface will be 4' across. Then we cut a dato in the side boards with a table mounted router. We then cut the side pieces down to 45 degree angles for the corners.

Then we glued the side pieces onto the table and clamped them overnight.

After the table dried, we used a foam roller to roll three coats of Varathane on the side boards.

Next up: texturing the play surface! Coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment