Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How to Build a Reversible Warmachine and Hordes Terrain Table Part 2

This is continued from Part 1 HERE

The next step was to make a textured surface.  To do this I coated the board in white glue using a paint brush.



Then I poured regular playground sand onto the board.  This can be purchased from Home Depot  HERE


Then I taped the edges and primed the board using Automotive Primer and some dollar store paint to get into the corners.



After it dried, I painted multiple shades of brown from darker to lighter, finishing it off with a light dry brush of beige.  Then I used multiple layers of Woodland Scenics Ground Cover  followed by Games Workshop Static Grass.




The Other Side:
I decided to make the opposite side a space theme for X-wing.  I painted the surface with magnetic paint, then used spray paint to add some colour.  Then I splatted white paint to add some stars, then used varathane to seal the surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment