Friday, November 08, 2013

Dreadball Custom Pitch WIP

I am still working on my custom Dreadball pitch. I first primed with Chaos Black GW primer, then painted the main playing surface by hand using P3 gray. Then I used spray paint for the strike zones, turn track and score track. Next up is the Sin bin and bench, then I will do some weathering. What do you think so far? Any tips for weathering?

Here are the first steps of weathering.  I am mainly going for a rough, greasy hangar look.  I think I may add some rust and blood to bring offset the contrast of the bright scoring zones and turn tracker.





2 comments:

  1. Looking good! As for weathering, depends on what sort of thing you're going for. Do you want it to look rusty, a bit worn, or as though it's an outdoor arena that's seen some bad weather? There are plenty of different techniques you can use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking some marks from the ball scraping the ground would be fitting, should the sin bin have seats, or beds...

    ReplyDelete