Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Dreadball League Continues


We had our second league night last week and it was good times.  Nightmares (Nameless) faced off against the Chromium Chargers (Robots) and Orx Thunder (Marauders) faced the Corporation.

The Robots put up a good fight against the Nightmares, with much destruction occurring for both teams.  The Nightmare guards were thumpy and sticky!  But, the robot guards proved to be pretty tough!  With the MVP Lucky Logan in the mix, no robots ended up switching into a Striker form.  Despite a few incredible strikes by Lucky Logan, the Robots still lost.

The Orx team thumped away uselessly against the Corporation team and after a fairly uneventful game, lost 2 - 0.

Here are the current standings: (If you would like to see each individual roster, click the team name)

Team Name
Type
Coach
Wins
Tie
Loss
League
Points
Strike
Diff
Team Value
Judwan
Nathan
1
-
-
2
+3
75
Nameless
Geoff
2
-
-
2
+9
108
Marauder
Jeremy
-
-
2
2
-5
121
Forge Fathers
Jason
-
-
1
1
-6
95
Robots
Josh
-
-
1
1
-3
100


In other news I have been working on painting my Dreadball MDF Pitch.  I hope to give it a gritty, worn, warehouse floor feeling with hazard stripes.  I started by using P3 paints with a paintbrush.  After the length of time it took to paint solid colours, I decided to use spray paint.  I sprayed the strike zones, turn track and scoring track last night and they look great.  I will post more photos as I go along.



I also started painting the ref bot.  It took many layers of white as I primed the model in black. Next Ref I paint, I think I will prime it in white.


Also, my friend Geoff is working on Dreadball stat cards for teams, players and MVP's.  They look amazing!


He has posted the deck on artscow if you are interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment